Thursday 11 October 2012

Quantitative methods(library literacy workshop) reflective journal

I feel library literacy workshop will be useful for me when I need a information for a particular company, basically the first library workshop talks about how we can use the passport GMID, at that time we were taught for how to find a information we want based on the categories. The speaker explained it by giving some practical examples (searching for the washing machines). From the database we can know which company will be our competitor if we try to selling the product. And all of the companies are the international top company who are on the today market. But one thing I feel need some improvement is the tempo of the speaker, it will be perfect if the speed could be slow down a little bit, last time it was too fast which makes us need to hurry so we can follow up with her. But for the overall, it was worth a thumb, because I really didn’t know that there is a feature like that at the library. I thought the library only provide that something we can see on the ordinary library. I look forward to the next library workshops, hope can learnt something new more from it.

No comments: